How to distribute sizes of existing docked windows evenly after docking a new one?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 months ago by Alexander Polyansky
Version: 21.1.0

I'm looking at Docking/MDI / QuickStarts sample, "Tabbed MDI-Only".

When I drag the first tab to tile it at the right, I get two tiles with evenly distributed widths.

When I drag the second tab and, again, I'm trying to dock it at the right, I get three tiles with width ratio of 1:1:2. I guess this is because the tab that I've dragged preserves its original width, while the tabs on the left each reduce their width equally to give space.

Again, when I drag the third tab from the left to become the 4th tile on the right, I see that it preserves its width, while the rest tabs each lose their widths evenly to make space for a new docked window.

The same behavior applies to the heights.

Now, what I'd like to have is the equal widths (heights) for all docked windows automatically, each time I dock a new one. So that the ratio would be 1:1:1 and 1:1:1:1 in my examples above, right after placing a new window.

Is there something out-of-the-box for this? Or should I recalculate and apply all widths manually, in my own code?

Thank you.

Comments (1)

Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes that is correct.  When you drag and dock a docking window around, it attempts to preserve its prior width or height, depending on dock side.  We don't have anything that would resize the the docked windows after a drag.  You would need to programmatically do that.  Our "Programmatic Sizing" QuickStart shows an example of that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 26 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.